Saint John Parkour
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where traceurs and traceuse in the Saint John and surrounding areas can communticate with each other

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Picture and video posting rules.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GrayShine

Picture and video posting rules. Empty
PostSubject: Picture and video posting rules.   Picture and video posting rules. EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 12:44 am

So, we've got handy dandy little buttons up above the post box that let us attach pictures and videos straight into our posts.

I have just 3 general guidelines:

1. If you're posting pictures or video, then make them parkour related. Location, warmups, artistic shots, action shots, etc. They need to be relevant. I don't wanna be seeing your ugly mugs, and your even uglier bodies (I jest.), but I wanna see the straight parkour action. Also, keep the pics/vids PG. If you're not sure, just PM me with the pics. And if they're REALLY not PG, then I urge you to PM me with them Twisted Evil.

2. Vids don't really apply for this, but for your pictures, the handy dandy little buttons let you adjust the size of the picture when you upload it. Stick with the 800px forum size, we don't want nor like the sideways scrollingness. If you want to show off your hi-res photo goodliness, then just give us a thumb and offer to send the hi-res pic to whoever wants it.

(If the need is great enough, then I can post a How-To on uploading your images/video to the site, but I'll leave that in the works for now.)

3. No bashing. Only constructive criticism. That applies to technique in video, the actual way the video was put together, photo style and artwork, and whatever parkour technique can be seen in the pics.

That is all.
Back to top Go down
GrayShine

PostSubject: Re: Picture and video posting rules.   Picture and video posting rules. EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 12:57 am

Oh, and follow the general Forum Rules too.
Back to top Go down
GrayShine

PostSubject: Re: Picture and video posting rules.   Picture and video posting rules. EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 2:40 am

Oh-kay, one more rule. All the pics go in your OP, that's your original post. Makes it easier if we need to edit anything, and double posting is generally frowned upon in the forum communities.

Basic outline for posting pics.

1) There's an icon above the post bar (Picture and video posting rules. Host_i10) that says "Host an image" when you hover over it. Click it and a box pops up. Your typical host pic thru file/url.
2) Click the browse button, open the pic, and make sure the resize dropdown is on 800px. It should be, by default.
3) Click host it and wait to load. There's three text bars when you're done. Thumbnail, Image, and image URL. If you copy the image url, and put
Code:
[img][/img]
tags around it, you'll get the picture up. If you just copy the enitre text from Image and post it in, it'll be the picture as a link to the hosting site. No need for adding extra tags, just copy it all as is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Picture and video posting rules.   Picture and video posting rules. Empty

Back to top Go down

Picture and video posting rules.
Page 1 of 1