Saint John Parkour
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where traceurs and traceuse in the Saint John and surrounding areas can communticate with each other

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

T-Shirts, just a curiosity.

Go down 
+4
Goat
Wolf
Mist
GrayShine
8 posters

Sponsership
Yay
T-Shirts, just a curiosity. I_vote_lcap100%T-Shirts, just a curiosity. I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 5 ]
Nay
T-Shirts, just a curiosity. I_vote_lcap0%T-Shirts, just a curiosity. I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
GrayShine

T-Shirts, just a curiosity. Empty
PostSubject: T-Shirts, just a curiosity.   T-Shirts, just a curiosity. EmptyWed May 05, 2010 3:19 am

Okay. So. SJParkour forum has like, 16 odd registered users? And even though I haven't yet seen HALF that many out at a jam... I think the reason for this is the lack of a group identity. So. I'm gonna get some T-Shirts made. Haha. Tell me your opinion, I want to see if there's any demand.

Pretty much thinking the logo up in the title bar there, but hi-res and a little cleaned up. I have a better version of it.

Lester Trophies over west does screenprinting on tees, so I'm gonna price them, see what their rates are like. Also, what would you guys say to some corporate sponsorship? Go to places like the Running Room and such uptown, ask 'em if they'd trade some cash to get the shirts printed for a bit of adspace on the back? I'd have to get prices and logo designs printed up to show 'em, all that jazz. But it could be done.

Now the question: Do we go on black shirts or on white?

White:
T-Shirts, just a curiosity. Parkou10

Black:
T-Shirts, just a curiosity. Parkou11

Thoughts on everything guys?

Last edited by Ghost on Sun May 09, 2010 6:47 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Changed poll)
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts, just a curiosity.   T-Shirts, just a curiosity. EmptyWed May 05, 2010 3:34 pm

do we get free samples? Wink
Back to top Go down
Wolf

Wolf

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts, just a curiosity.   T-Shirts, just a curiosity. EmptyWed May 05, 2010 4:52 pm

Black looks awesome. Gow with that.
Back to top Go down
GrayShine

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts, just a curiosity.   T-Shirts, just a curiosity. EmptyWed May 05, 2010 5:08 pm

Haha, I'm thinking the white-on-black's gonna win out.

But, Mist, unfortunately the only way it could be free, or at least cheaper, is if we get logos put on the back from other stores, ones willing to do some sponsorship.

I can cover the cost to get them printed upfront, next paycheque I get. But unless the stores don't cover the cost entirely, then no can do for them being free Sad. Sowwy.
Back to top Go down
Goat

Goat

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts, just a curiosity.   T-Shirts, just a curiosity. EmptyThu May 06, 2010 9:06 am

Shirts are cool and all, but I'm not from SJ, So... yeah. Us Frederictonians will have to do our own thing. I don't think our community up here is big enough to go looking for sponserships from businesses yet.
Back to top Go down
Goat

Goat

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts, just a curiosity.   T-Shirts, just a curiosity. EmptyThu May 06, 2010 9:13 am

Actually, now that I ponder that, I don't know if I would go looking for sponsership, myself. It seems like a slippery slope that could lead to taking something that I see as an activity that should be accessable, non-competitive and fun and turning it into a business or an obligation. David Belle's first videos had him in the world's most ghetto sweatsuit. Not that I intend to copy his every move, but I don't know. Wear what you want, but I would warn against letting any businesses get their hooks in you right off the bat.
Back to top Go down
GrayShine

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts, just a curiosity.   T-Shirts, just a curiosity. EmptyThu May 06, 2010 10:26 pm

Haha, I didn't mean entirely corporately sponsored or anything, was meant more as a joke.

There are just a few little independent, local business in the city here that do running shoes/sports equipment and the like. It would be less of an official-sponsorship, they-give-us-money-and-send-us-gear-and-such kind of thing, and more of a they-cut-the-cost-of-the-shirts-and-in-return-get-a-logo-on-the-back sort of thing. I know they've done it before for the Do It For Dad 5k run for prostate cancer the past few years.

Also: I was into Lester Trophies today. It looks to be about $15 a shirt for an initial run of 15 shirts. Not bad. And since they'd have already made the screens they'll cost less if we want to make more in the future.

So at the jam on Sunday, I guess I'll take some pre-orders if anyone's gonna have $15 handy. I get paid next Friday, so I'll go and place the order then. Depending on how long it takes should be maybe week after that that I'll be able to get the shirts to you guys.

And, Goat, if you guys come down later on and we have more shirts, you can buy some and be honourary SJParkour members Razz
Back to top Go down
GrayShine

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts, just a curiosity.   T-Shirts, just a curiosity. EmptyThu May 06, 2010 10:29 pm

In case you missed it or that was tl;dr:

SHIRT PREORDERS ON SUNDAY

$20 per person!

I'll be placing the order Friday!

Last edited by GrayShine on Sun May 09, 2010 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Talon

Talon

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts, just a curiosity.   T-Shirts, just a curiosity. EmptyFri May 07, 2010 12:16 am

Is it possible to get our names on the T-shirts?
Back to top Go down
GrayShine

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts, just a curiosity.   T-Shirts, just a curiosity. EmptyFri May 07, 2010 2:14 pm

Hm. Talon, that would be a possibility. But, the cost of the shirts would definitely go up, guaranteed.

I'll have to wait for more response, but if it is popular enough (and if I can get the price, and if people are willing to pay as well) then I may be able to do it.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts, just a curiosity.   T-Shirts, just a curiosity. EmptySun May 09, 2010 6:42 pm

I can definetly pay for my name on it and if i have a few extra bucks handy i should be able to pay for 1 or 2 others too Wink
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts, just a curiosity.   T-Shirts, just a curiosity. EmptySun May 09, 2010 6:44 pm

SJ Parkour T-shirts

Price: $20

Design: The votes are saying White on Black

Names would boost prices up, definatly. However, If we wanted to be sponsered by the running room, it could boost down prices a fair amount. Here's the catch:

I think having the running room sponser us would definatly make us look more legit, and the price drop may allow us to put our url on the back or something so that we can advertise this site.

However, WE would need to present ourselves in a very professional manner. The Running Room would not want to be associated with a bunch of kids that do stupid things and get themselves hurt. This means that anyone that gets a tee-shirt not only has the responsibility to be acting responsible for our site but also on the behalf of the running room.

That would be a big commitment guys. I know you guys are mature enough to handle this, but sponsership is a big deal, expecially from a local company that we would do well to support.

Think on this. I think our Design is pretty well decided, So I am going to change the Poll on this thread to a Sponsership Related question.
Back to top Go down
https://sjpk.forumotion.com
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts, just a curiosity.   T-Shirts, just a curiosity. EmptySun May 09, 2010 6:57 pm

Ghost you are 100% right this will be a big resposiblility but its that kind of thing that proves we are all for getting the word out about parkour...

unfortunatly like wolf said at teh jam there are kids out there and even here in saint john that ruin the name of parkour and just make it look dangerouse and"anti-social" so we also need to find a way to put a stop to that before parkour is outlawed everywhere

~Mist
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts, just a curiosity.   T-Shirts, just a curiosity. EmptyMon May 10, 2010 11:30 am

Mist wrote:

unfortunatly like wolf said at teh jam there are kids out there and even here in saint john that ruin the name of parkour and just make it look dangerouse and "anti-social" so we also need to find a way to put a stop to that before parkour is outlawed everywhere
~Mist

Its true. We do have to be careful. That's why I stress that if you are ordering a shirt, Don't wear it if your just messing around. It would really look bad on us and any local sponsers.

On a side note, if you could link the forums to any of those videos, it would be very appreciated.
Back to top Go down
https://sjpk.forumotion.com
JPOC

JPOC

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts, just a curiosity.   T-Shirts, just a curiosity. EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 1:25 am

Some One said Sponsorships... Try GreenLees Shoes... ... I think my moms cousin is the manager... I'll look around.

City of Saint John? they do sponsors too. any way need to talk to some one about getting money.
CSJ might want this... maybe we could preform as a SJ225 thing. how many of our members are REALLY REALLY good
and willing to preform for up to 1000 ppl?

Also Try simplifying the LOGO in to one Colour.

PS: Try Black or White on Red Cotton.
Back to top Go down
http://jpoc.deviantart.com/
JPOC

JPOC

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts, just a curiosity.   T-Shirts, just a curiosity. EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 1:56 am

JPOC wrote:
PS: Try Black or White on Red Cotton.

T-Shirts, just a curiosity. Whiteonred

T-Shirts, just a curiosity. Blackonred

Last edited by JPOC on Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:58 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
GrayShine

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts, just a curiosity.   T-Shirts, just a curiosity. EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 12:40 pm

We've already got a quote for a two-colour print white-and-red on black shirts. 20 bucks a shirt for the initial run of 15 shirts. After that it'll be less if we want new shirts, since they'll already have the two colour plates made.

I'm taking preorders, I can't pay for it all myself out of pocket to start. That'd be somewhere in the range of 300 bucks. But if I can get half of that covered in preorders (That's only 7 people ordering...), then I can pay the rest and just make back my money selling the rest when I can.

Back to top Go down
JPOC

JPOC

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts, just a curiosity.   T-Shirts, just a curiosity. EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 12:48 pm

Get me one mens XXL Ill Pay! can you get " PHOTOGRAPHER " on the back? Please and thank you.

PS if we go one Colour print on one colour cotton. its cheaper, Just Say'n Forum.
Back to top Go down
JPOC

JPOC

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts, just a curiosity.   T-Shirts, just a curiosity. EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 9:38 pm

Are there already Shirts made? or do we need New Ones.

I might be able to get us some new ones with a sponsor on them too.

please Send me a PM with the Order Sizes
Back to top Go down
Artflare

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts, just a curiosity.   T-Shirts, just a curiosity. EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 11:05 am

Hey, have the shirts ever been made? If they have i'd be willing to pay money for one. PM me or just reply to this topic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: T-Shirts, just a curiosity.   T-Shirts, just a curiosity. Empty

Back to top Go down

T-Shirts, just a curiosity.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Saint John Parkour :: Parkour and Freerunning :: General Discussion-
Jump to: