Saint John Parkour
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where traceurs and traceuse in the Saint John and surrounding areas can communticate with each other

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Operation: Road trip

Go down 
+2
Wolf
Goat
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Goat

Goat

Operation: Road trip Empty
PostSubject: Operation: Road trip   Operation: Road trip EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 5:34 pm

Hey folks! I've been thinking more on this idea of having a meet-up sometime, and I got to wondering... in my exploration of the site, I've noticed that the average age on here is pretty low.... Do any of you guys have wheels? Or would a meet absolutely have to leave from Fredericton and come down to SJ?

The guys who went to Montreal are coming back at the end of the may long weekend, so I'm looking at that as a time frame for any number of folks trippin' down to SJ. Otherwise, it would pretty much be me and one other guy. Most likely just me.

My girlfriend is on board, she'd get to go shopping while I get to go hopping.

Yer thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Wolf

Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Road trip   Operation: Road trip EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 12:16 am

Cool if you get an Idea on the exact day just respond.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Road trip   Operation: Road trip EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 2:39 pm

As far as wheels go, we are pretty constrained. That may change as the season progresses, but to my knowledge, no rides.

An exact date is all we need. We would love to have you guys down for a jam. I am sure we would get a big turnout, especially if it was able to be planned far in advanced.
Back to top Go down
https://sjpk.forumotion.com
Goat

Goat

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Road trip   Operation: Road trip EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 3:53 pm

I'm waiting on my dudes to get back (I'm also looking for a max turnout for this from my end, too), so I would say late may, early june. I'll talk to everyone who might be interested and try to figure out a solid date.
Back to top Go down
Goat

Goat

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Road trip   Operation: Road trip EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 5:53 pm

Also, here's a thought. What would all y'all think of having an Atlantic area meet with SJ, Fredericton, and some of the folks from Halifax Parkour? *LINK*

I haven't talked to anyone from down there about it, but I think it could be a fun possibility. Halifax PK has an older crew, so transport should be do-able for them.

Your thoughts about my thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Wolf

Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Road trip   Operation: Road trip EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 12:05 am

Actually that would be awesome. Threediffrent places in one jam sesstion. Hope you can pull it off.
Back to top Go down
GrayShine

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Road trip   Operation: Road trip EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 4:09 am

I think I'm currently the only one with a license in the group, and unfortunately, my vehicle is parentally controlled.

It'd be a stretch, but it if it was for a big jam, I could beg permission to shuttle myself plus four others & gear down in my truck, but likelihood of that is indeterminable at the moment.

I'd for sure be up for something involving the two groups though, that's fordamnsure.
Back to top Go down
Goat

Goat

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Road trip   Operation: Road trip EmptyThu May 06, 2010 9:20 am

Hey guys, just a quick update on this: This idea is not dead, it's still going strong. We have at least three folks from Fredericton who are all-in on this one, and our other two folks will be back sometime this month. We also have one newer guy who's been out to a few practices, I'm not sure if he'll want in, but we'll see. Once we all get together in the flesh to hammer out a plan, We'll let you know what date we can make a shot down.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
GrayShine

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Road trip   Operation: Road trip EmptyThu May 06, 2010 10:17 pm

Awesome! I'm in full support of this!
Back to top Go down
Goat

Goat

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Road trip   Operation: Road trip EmptyThu May 20, 2010 1:54 pm

We're up to about four guys in regular attendance now, and our two dudes who disappeared to Montreal will be back on Monday. The time is coming!
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Road trip   Operation: Road trip EmptyThu May 20, 2010 2:34 pm

Most excellant. I really want to do this. It it possible that you guys could make it down for the June fifth Jam? it would really call in the spirit of International Parkour Day.
Back to top Go down
https://sjpk.forumotion.com
Goat

Goat

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Road trip   Operation: Road trip EmptyThu May 20, 2010 3:44 pm

I'll run it past the peeps!
Back to top Go down
Goat

Goat

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Road trip   Operation: Road trip EmptyFri May 21, 2010 10:15 am

EPIC WIN IS EPIC.

100% Attendance from us. We'll be there. Every last one of us. POST UP JAM DETAILS.
Back to top Go down
Kylekat

Kylekat

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Road trip   Operation: Road trip EmptyFri May 21, 2010 10:32 am

I really wish I had been around the forums more to hear about this earlier!

Have fun though boys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.blackheartedconfessions.blogspot.com
Talon

Talon

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Road trip   Operation: Road trip EmptyFri May 21, 2010 8:12 pm

Although I don't do Parkour as much as I used to do, I'll definitely be there for the Jam. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wolf

Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Road trip   Operation: Road trip EmptySat May 22, 2010 9:12 pm

Awesome Smile But by everyone is able to come, did you mean halifax too?
Back to top Go down
Goat

Goat

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Road trip   Operation: Road trip EmptyMon May 24, 2010 10:22 pm

Just Fredericton. I haven't been able to get a solid grip on anyone from Halifax.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Operation: Road trip   Operation: Road trip Empty

Back to top Go down

Operation: Road trip
Page 1 of 1