Saint John Parkour
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where traceurs and traceuse in the Saint John and surrounding areas can communticate with each other

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

one year of fredericton parkour!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Goat

Goat

one year of fredericton parkour! Empty
PostSubject: one year of fredericton parkour!   one year of fredericton parkour! EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 8:08 am

Hey folks! Just wanted to give you the skinny on what's been going on! Fredericton parkour has reached it's first birthday, and looking back, we've come a long way! From last fall, starting out with two members, we slowly gained experience and members. We have been featured in the photo section of the daily gleaner, as well as in an article for here magazine. With a bit of begging from our members, we gained a sponsership from the fredericton footllocker, and as of yesterday, we were formally accepted as a saint thomas university club, opening the way for us to practice freely on campus, one of the best training areas in the city. we have had nearly twenty five people come out to give it a try, and we see a regular attendance of between five and ten traceurs. We have made trips to Halifax, Saint John, and Montreal to practice and learn new skills, and also to network with other members of the canadian parkour community.

Honestly, I'm gobsmacked. The speed with which we have gotten off the ground this year exceeded even my wildest expectations.

What else? Honestly, I would say the next order of business would be to try and peg down a venue for meeting and training during the winter. We have our once a week gym sessions at kingswood, but I don't want to see our members lose the parkour fever on the snow hits.
Back to top Go down

one year of fredericton parkour!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Saint John Parkour :: Parkour and Freerunning :: General Discussion-
Jump to: