Saint John Parkour
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where traceurs and traceuse in the Saint John and surrounding areas can communticate with each other

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Some Definitions...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

Some Definitions... Empty
PostSubject: Some Definitions...   Some Definitions... EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 2:43 am

Stutterstep: When approaching a vault, wallrun, etc., a traceur notices his feet are in an incorrect rhythm for the move and corrects by shortening his stride dramatically for a few steps.

SpineShanked: While one is doing a move and fails miserably, in the middle of the stunt, the back is shanked.

"I was doing an underbar too low the other day and got 'spine shanked' right in the middle of my back."

Cat Claws: A failed attempt at a cat leap where the traceurs hands come just short of the target, resulting in the fingernails "clawing" the wall or object. It is not unusual for the fingernails to "remove themselves".

Flail Vault: A failed attempt at a conventional vault in which the tracuer flails about wildly in mid-air in an attempt to prevent a bail. Typically (but not always) followed by a face-plant.

Hotspot: An area which provides a vast array of possiblilities for parkour. Hotspots are the best of the best and are usually sought out during jams and training sessions.

Sticky Vault: a failed attempt at any vault in which one doesn't let go of the rail in fear of a severe ass-smashing.
Back to top Go down
https://sjpk.forumotion.com
Goat

Goat

PostSubject: Re: Some Definitions...   Some Definitions... EmptyMon May 17, 2010 9:14 am

So... stutterstepping.

I have a solution for that, if anyone finds that it's a problem. Instead of shortening your pace to try and get "back on rhythm", when you are approaching your take-off point, take a few BIG strides to nail it instead. It is far worse to try something with low momentum than it is to be doing it on your off foot, but if you get comfortable stepping out to hit your mark, hopefully neither of those should be a problem.

...Also, TRAIN YOUR WEAK FOOT. I don't like it either. But I do, and it's good for you.

Eat vegetables. Drink milk.

Don't do drugs.

Respect your elders.

Stay in school.

NUFF SAID.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Some Definitions...   Some Definitions... EmptyMon May 17, 2010 11:19 am

Goat wrote:
So... stutterstepping.

I have a solution for that, if anyone finds that it's a problem. Instead of shortening your pace to try and get "back on rhythm", when you are approaching your take-off point, take a few BIG strides to nail it instead. It is far worse to try something with low momentum than it is to be doing it on your off foot, but if you get comfortable stepping out to hit your mark, hopefully neither of those should be a problem.

...Also, TRAIN YOUR WEAK FOOT. I don't like it either. But I do, and it's good for you.

Eat vegetables. Drink milk.

Don't do drugs.

Respect your elders.

Stay in school.

NUFF SAID.

cheers Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
https://sjpk.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Definitions...   Some Definitions... Empty

Back to top Go down