Saint John Parkour
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where traceurs and traceuse in the Saint John and surrounding areas can communticate with each other

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Haha, need new shoes..

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolf

Wolf

Haha, need new shoes.. Empty
PostSubject: Haha, need new shoes..   Haha, need new shoes.. EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 2:29 pm

My shoes are pretty much junk when it comes to parkour. The grip is worn out, the top of them are cracking open, and they' re to soft.
I need a new pair not only for walking around, but for parkour too. Any recommendations???
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Hint,Hint   Haha, need new shoes.. EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 2:40 pm

Stay away from skateborder shoes! Ive found nikes ok but still not the best, maybe we can find a pair of shoes like the one in the mirrors edge game Razz
Back to top Go down
Goat

Goat

PostSubject: Re: Haha, need new shoes..   Haha, need new shoes.. EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 11:03 pm

I am currently running a set of merrill pivots, they are great shoes, alot of support, one peice vibram soles with big ol' nubblys and really tacky rubber. They carry them at sportschek, should be between 110-130, I think. My memory is a bit fuzzy, It was six months ago. They are a bit heavy for pure running, but they are perfect for parkour. lookking at the soles six months in, the toes are starting to show some wear from pop vaults, but everything else is fine. Parkour eats shoes, so I wasn't expecting them to last forever anyways.
Back to top Go down
Wolf

Wolf

PostSubject: Cool   Haha, need new shoes.. EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 11:19 pm

Thanks for the advice. Ill be sure to check out a sportchek Smile
Back to top Go down
Def

PostSubject: Re: Haha, need new shoes..   Haha, need new shoes.. EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 1:26 pm

[b]I had that same question out in Montréal and they told me a few pointers on what to look for wen it comes to Parkour Shoes.

#1 Most Running Shoes have that Foam on the bottom as Grip, its mostly white. Parkour will Tear that apart, if your looking for Parkour Shoes look for Rubber Bottom, Mine has the White Gray Foam then folowed by a nice thick Rubber for Grip!

#2 Also you want the Toe area of the Shoe to be Flexible, Not Stiff!!!

#3 Also Also if you can try and get one that does not have the Middle Curved inwards.

#4 Last Also I ended up getting a pair of Shoes that has the Logo on the side ( N ) ... I was then told the next day that they have good Parkour Shoes. so ya, you can check them out on google Image. Type this in ( N Logo Shoes )

Hope this help some!

Add some if yall got more!
Back to top Go down
Goat

Goat

PostSubject: Re: Haha, need new shoes..   Haha, need new shoes.. EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 9:00 pm

My merrils have an entire one peice rubber vibram sole. it's like running with a mountain bike tire Very Happy most of the merrils are like that, but they specialize in hiking shoes, so you have to take a crtical look and figure out which ones are light and flewible enough to do the job for PK.
Back to top Go down
Bones

Bones

PostSubject: Re: Haha, need new shoes..   Haha, need new shoes.. EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 11:37 pm

Def wrote:

#4 Last Also I ended up getting a pair of Shoes that has the Logo on the side ( N ) ... I was then told the next day that they have good Parkour Shoes. so ya, you can check them out on google Image. Type this in ( N Logo Shoes )

The N logo on Shoe is for [b]New Balance
shoes, i have a pair but sadly they have a plastic thing in the middle which sucks for precisions or balancing, so don't get a pair with plastic thing in middle on bottom of shoe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Haha, need new shoes..   Haha, need new shoes.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Haha, need new shoes..
Page 1 of 1