Saint John Parkour
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where traceurs and traceuse in the Saint John and surrounding areas can communticate with each other

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dislocations: Don't get all disjointed, okay?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CrimsonRed

CrimsonRed

Dislocations: Don't get all disjointed, okay? Empty
PostSubject: Dislocations: Don't get all disjointed, okay?   Dislocations: Don't get all disjointed, okay? EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 11:28 pm

Now, it is no secret that sometime you can land on something wrong and.. *pop* your shoulder is out of it's socket. Besides searing pain and unnatural flexibility, you'll sometimes have a moment of silence followed by a fear that you might not be able to get it fixed, I figured since I've experienced this (not recently, I can assure you) that I should write some tips to help keep your cool.

1. Know what you're dealing with, it'll help you fear it less, because the main part of fear is not having sufficent knowledge to process it.

Here is in fact, what it is:

Dislocations: Don't get all disjointed, okay? Luxati10

Dislocation:

Dislocation occurs when a large force hits a joint and it skews it off it's socket, some symptoms of dislocation are as follows:

-Significant Pain.

-Inability to move joint from it's current postion.

-Numbness in all parts of Dislocated area.

That's it in simplicity.

2. Know what to do and what not to do:

Truthfully, when you're dealing with a dislocated limb, or joint, it should be a doctor that does the relocating, but however, what with the long waiting list on certain days at the hospital.. it might not be an option, as the further moving a joint can permanently damage muscles surrounding the joint, due to tearage.

So, a good idea, would be that you relocate yourself, since that if someone else does it, they don't know what is right and wrong by you, you're the one who has all the nerves. If, by some chance you are able to relocate, it would be for the best, if you have some good friends help you to your house, as, if any further stress is put on the joint, it may dislocate again, and more damage will be done, just let your body do what it does naturally, any pain medication or other things is recommended.

Moving the joint anymore than it has to is something NOT to do.

3. Ensure that you're going to be all right:

If it was a doctor that relocated, then take a breather from parkour for a while, you're not superman. Also, it may let some of your muscles from excercise form. If you relocated, then it ould be a wise idea, (no pain or whatever) to take it to your local doctor, JUST to be on the safe side. Take any advice from him that you can.

That's it for dislocations, a lot of it is just common sense, but sometimes we need that.
PSP
CrimsonRed.
Back to top Go down
Kylekat

Kylekat

PostSubject: Re: Dislocations: Don't get all disjointed, okay?   Dislocations: Don't get all disjointed, okay? EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 8:26 pm

Really, really wish I had've done this research before.
A word to the wise: If you have dislocated something, see a doctor. Otherwise it might just come back to haunt you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.blackheartedconfessions.blogspot.com
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Dislocations: Don't get all disjointed, okay?   Dislocations: Don't get all disjointed, okay? EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 11:59 pm

I have heard that when you get a doctor to relocate a limb for you, they give you something to bite on and just shove it in. -cringe-

Incidentally, The old expression "Bite the Bullet" was coined during the war, when doctor would give patients a bullet to bite down on to distract them from pain
Back to top Go down
https://sjpk.forumotion.com
Kylekat

Kylekat

PostSubject: Re: Dislocations: Don't get all disjointed, okay?   Dislocations: Don't get all disjointed, okay? EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 9:34 am

*wince*
...scary. Maybe it's a good thing I did it myself, then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.blackheartedconfessions.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dislocations: Don't get all disjointed, okay?   Dislocations: Don't get all disjointed, okay? Empty

Back to top Go down

Dislocations: Don't get all disjointed, okay?
Page 1 of 1