Saint John Parkour
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where traceurs and traceuse in the Saint John and surrounding areas can communticate with each other

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Favorite Stretches?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CrimsonRed

CrimsonRed

Favorite Stretches? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Stretches?   Favorite Stretches? EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 10:41 am

While Stretching is usually very uniform and there isn't much breathing room when it all comes down to it.. we can all have preferences.

So, here you can detail your own personal stretching routine and perhaps give extra details as to what area of the body -YOU think- is most valuable when excercising. Could it be landing? Could it be your footwork as you run up a wall? Anything is good here.

I'll start off, my favorite stretch is the one where one of your legs is straight and your other leg bends to it's very limit to put stress on the upper leg and glutes. It's very useful when running long distances and being loose and relaxed, being relaxed lowers the chance of landing on your leg in a way where all of your ligaments of the knee are all straight (Which is bad for recoil control.)

The stretch, as shown here, is also good to make sure your other leg (the one that isn't streching) is in good enough shape to bear a lot of weight-which is the main cause for injuries and problems in any kind of excercise.

Favorite Stretches? Exampl10

Well, that's all for me,
PSP,
CrimsonRed.

Go nuts! XD
Back to top Go down
GrayShine

Favorite Stretches? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Stretches?   Favorite Stretches? EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 10:46 am

See, what I typically do is, I work my way from top to bottom or bottom to top, stretching everything I can think of as I go. Like you said it's preference on WHICH stretches you do, but I think in parkour, since you're using pretty damn near well everything, that you should stretch damn near everything you can. Little things like wrists and ankles, your neck, your back, that you wouldn't normally stretch or think of stretching for other activities.
Back to top Go down

Favorite Stretches?
Page 1 of 1